Are you a cat owner looking for expert support for your cat’s unique behavioral needs? Allison Helps Cats has the solutions for you.
One Hour Call ($100): Does your cat have a variety of small issues that you want advice for? This one-hour service is for you!
- Review of paperwork
- One-hour virtual call
- Short list of recommendations and resources
- Behavior plan summary for your vet
Packages ($250-475): Does your cat have a single behavior issue that you need addressed? Pick a package of four or eight 1-hour Zoom check-in-calls. Packages include these additional features:
- Four to eight check-ins
- Extensive teaching
- PDFs of the content
- 8-week package: demos, practice
Pay As You Go ($150 minimum + $75/hour): Does your cat have a complex behavior issue that you need addressed? This multi-session support includes these additional features:
- Flexibility in number of check-ins
- Flexibility in frequency of check-ins
- Flexiblity of length of check-ins
- Extensive teaching, demos, practice
- PDFs of the content
- Lincoln area: option of in-person visits for hands-on practice.
I offer a research-based approach to cat behavior modification and training. This includes positive reinforcement and an adherence to the principles of LIMA (least intrusive minimal aversive) behavior strategies.
In working with me, please understand this is a team effort that includes you, me, and your vet. If you choose package or pay-as-you-go support:
- You and I will follow a weekly plan to change your cat’s behavior.
- You will be actively involved each week in implementing the steps outlined, submitting photos and/or videos, and discussing on your progress.
- Your vet will be consulted for their medical expertise and appraised of our work.
Intake Behavior Questionnaire: This is an in-depth questionnaire that asks you about your cat’s history, home environment, lifestyle, behavior, and training, as well as your expectations. This questionnaire is key to helping me to assess your cat’s behavior and pinpoint problem areas to address.
Meet & Greet: After I receive your questionnaire, I will follow-up with a 20-minute call to discuss your intake questionnaire. If we are a good fit, I will send a Consent To Treat and an invoice for my services. Once those are received, I will schedule you for a service.
Virtual Visit: A visit allows me to meet your cat, see your cat in its natural environment, and observe your cat’s interactions with people and pets. It will count as the first check-in. I will ask any follow-up questions and we will decide on initial strategies. My goal is to develop a plan that not only benefits your cat but meets your lifestyle too.
Check-Ins: Check-ins are weekly and typically 60 minutes each. At each check-in, you will receive a series of implementation steps. We will discuss the science behind them and how to apply the steps to your cats. You will be required to collect data and submit videos for your homework. Demos and practice might be included, depending on the number of weeks you pick. Weekly check-ins allows us to adjust our approach as needed.
Exit Survey: The survey will summarize the results of our consult and provide you with the chance to give me feedback.
PAYMENTS & APPOINTMENTS
- If you purchase a package, other conditions also apply.
- We will proceed with a subsequent implement step, only AFTER you have submitted your homework (data) from the week.
- Barring emergencies, should you fail to prepare for or miss two check-ins, I will consider our case closed., I will consider our case closed. You are responsible for being actively involved in implementing this plan and reporting on your progress.
- Big Three Cases: For cases involving any of the big three behaviors (elimination, scratching, aggression), unless I advise otherwise, you must purchase a multi-week session.
- Aggression Cases: The adults must attend the Meet & Greet and all family members must attend at least one check-in session.