THE SHORT VERSION
- Fill out my Intake Questionnaire.
- You will also be asked to sign a Consent to Treat and to submit payment of $200-$400. Number of sessions and cost depends on the type of cat behavior being addressed. Two standard packages are:
- Transition Package (new cat, guests, vet visits, moving, senior cats) : $200
- Behavior Package (peeing outside the box, scratching on furniture, aggression): $400
- Upon receipt of all paperwork, I will schedule a Zoom call. During the call, I will advise how I can help with your cat’s situation and schedule you for the number of sessions agreed upon for your cat.
- At each weekly check-in, we will discuss progress and you will receive homework. Following each check-in, you will also receive a PDF of my instruction and notes.
- When your cat’s behavioral situation has been resolved, I will send you an Exit Survey. Your vet will also receive a one-page summary of our consult
THE LONG VERSION
I offer a research-based approach to cat behavior modification and training. This includes positive reinforcement and an adherence to the principles of LIMA (least intrusive minimal aversive) behavior strategies.
In working with me, please understand this is a team effort that includes you, me, and your vet.
- You and I will follow a weekly plan to change your cat’s behavior.
- You will be actively involved each week in implementing the steps outlined, submitting photos and/or videos, and discussing on your progress.
- Your vet will be consulted for their medical expertise and appraised of our work.
Intake Behavior Questionnaire: This is an in-depth questionnaire that asks you about your cat’s history, home environment, lifestyle, behavior, and training, as well as your expectations. This questionnaire is key to helping me to assess your cat’s behavior and pinpoint problem areas to address.
Meet & Greet: After I receive your questionnaire, I will follow-up with a 30-minute call to discuss your intake questionnaire and overview cost. If we are a good fit, we will decide on the number of weeks to meet and schedule our check-ins. I will also send a Consent To Treat and an invoice for my services. Payment is due prior to the Virtual Visit.
Virtual Visit: A visit allows me to meet your cat, see your cat in its natural environment, and observe your cat’s interactions with people and pets. It will count as the first check-in. I will ask any follow-up questions and we will decide on initial strategies. My goal is to develop a plan that not only benefits your cat but meets your lifestyle too.
Check-Ins: Check-ins are weekly and 60 minutes each. At each check-in, you will receive a series of implementation steps. We will discuss the science behind them and how to apply the steps to your cats. You will be required to collect data and submit videos for your homework. Weekly check-ins allows us to adjust our approach as needed.
- Transition: If you opt for the transition plan, most practice will be independent.
- Behavior: If you opt for the behavior plan, we will also have time to practice at our virtual sessions.
Exit Survey: The survey will summarize the results of our consult and provide you with the chance to give me feedback.
PAYMENTS & APPOINTMENTS
- If you purchase a package, other conditions also apply.
- We will proceed with a subsequent implement step, only AFTER you have submitted your homework (data) from the week.
- Barring emergencies, should you fail to prepare for or miss two check-ins, I will consider our case closed., I will consider our case closed. You are responsible for being actively involved in implementing this plan and reporting on your progress.
- Big Three Cases: For cases involving any of the big three behaviors (elimination, scratching, aggression), unless I advise otherwise, you must purchase the Behavior Package.
- Aggression Cases: The adults must attend the Meet & Greet and all family members must attend at least one check-in session.